The Music and Audio Computing Lab (MACLab) is a music research group in the Graduate School of Culture Technology at KAIST. Our mission is to improve ways people enjoy, play, and make music through technology. Specifically, we are working on topics in the following research fields:
- Music Informational Retrieval
- Audio Signal Processing
- Machine Learning for Music and Audio
- [Jul-28-2021] Prof. Nam gives a special talk titled "AI for Classical Music Performance" in Asia Culture Center [link].
- [Jul-07-2021] Our lab alumnus Dr. Dasaem Jeong will be joining Art & Technology at Sogang University as an assistant professor. Congratulations!
- [Jun-08-2021] Media art exhibition, "Game and Art: Auguries of Fantasy", is open. The exhibition was co-organized by KAIST and Daejeon Museum of Art and was supported by NCSoft and the Korea Creative Content Agency.
- [Apr-01-2021] Saebyul is introduced in Science Dong-A (과학 동아), a science magazine in Korea, [link].
- [Apr-01-2021] An interview article with Prof. Nam is introduced in Auditorium (객석), a performing arts magazine in Korea. [link].
- [Mar-20-2021] Prof. Nam has been appointed as an associate editor of the Journal of Audio Engineering Society [link].
- [Feb-17-2021] Prof. Nam has received an international joint research award in commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of KAIST.
- [Feb-16-2021] Our AI Pianist, VirtuosoNet, performs with pianist Jong Hwa Park in the 50th anniversary ceremony of KAIST [video].
- [Feb-05-2021] Prof. Nam serves as a program co-chair of ISMIR 2021 [link].
Address: 291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon (34141)
N25 #3236, KAIST